Sunday, August 15, 2010

Simple Tip #10

Simple Tip #10: Believing in Yourself

To live simply should also be to believe in yourself. Living is hard enough without putting yourself down as well.

What I've done is creating a Jar of Hearts and Advice. It's very easy to make, and has been done before, so chances are you've heard of it.

In the American Girl book Room for You, there is a suggestion to take a Chinese take out box and fill it with fortune cookie fortunes. Well, for my Jar of Hearts and Advice (further referred to as JHA), I did the same thing, just a little differently.

First off, I found a glass jar in our kitchen that was empty. It was small enough to hold strips of paper without looking totally empty. (Note: the bigger the jar, the more space there is. And a lot of strips of paper really don't fill a jar very well).

I took the jar and found a nice piece of ribbon (use which ever type of ribbon inspires you. Mine just happened to be red satin). I tied this around the mouth of the jar to give a nice effect as opposed to just an empty jar.

Next, I went on Microsoft Word and then to shapes under the tool bar, and created some red hearts. These I printed and cut out and threw them into my JHA. (It's always nice to pull out a heart when you need it).>

After that I looked up some inspirational lists of words on Google. From the list, I took each word and transformed it into a positive piece of inspiration and advice. I made two columns on each page (this way you use less paper and the strips aren't as big). I would suggest writing out the advice instead of typing them because it looks more personal and it makes you happier to see something handwritten (well, it makes me happy anyways).

After writing everything out, I cut out the strips and threw them into the JHA. Now, I have a jar filled with positive inspirations to start the day!

Every morning, you can pull out a piece of paper and start the day off on a positive note. It's guaranteed to make you smile (or, remind you too!).

Enjoy!

"Create the world as you want it to be!"

No comments:

Post a Comment